“DO”

The culture and design site, Nowness, has made a series called “Letters Live” in which actors read aloud actual letters from people–WWII airmen, poets and painters, people traveling or lost or on their way home. As someone who has in the last few years embraced, but not mastered, the art of letter-writing, I find this series compelling, often moving, generally thought-provoking.

Here is one that began to autoplay while I was making breakfast. At first I listened idly, and then found myself standing at the counter, listening intently, the cereal box suspended over my overfull bowl. At the end of it, the letter, not the box of cereal, I played it again, and have listened to it several times since.

Fair warning: this is Not Safe For Work, unless you work somewhere with a healthy respect for the power of a few well-placed expletives to jolt one out of one’s complacency.

https://www.nowness.com/series/letters-live/andrew-scott-sol-lewitt-eva-hesse?utm_source=FB&utm_medium=SM&utm_campaign=FB10516